Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Literary Illustration - The Outcast

In this Literary Illustration, I was given the assignment to create whatever I desired, but it had to be from a quote of my choice. I chose a quote by a fantastic writer, Ann Voskamp, which states, “In a world addicted to speed, I blur the moments into one unholy smear.” The point of the image was to have a main character (the pink-haired woman) as the focal point. Everything around her was to be blurred out as if smeared or showing movement. I drew the entire image by hand, scanned it into the computer, photoshoped it, and then brought it into Adobe Illustrator. I have a few things I would like to fix in this project. I’m not sure if I am satisfied with the girl’s face color. I would probably change it to more of an off-white instead of a solid white. I also feel as if the bottom of the illustration is unfinished and needs more work. I love the top, but there are a few pieces on the top left edge that I would like to fix. Also, some of the hairpieces on the characters, especially the girl on the left, need some adjustments. I believe the quote correlates to the image quite nicely, and I love the color palette of this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment